SurfShark 1 month Review

All peer 2 peer discussion relating to software, seedbox, and VPNs. A reminder to keep it legal thanks.

Topic Author
Rain
Site Admin
Site Admin
Registered for: 3 years 7 months
Mood:
Australia

SurfShark 1 month Review

Post by Rain »

Australia Sydney Location Test only

IKEv2 + Wireguard (Speed wise is fantastic and downloads via IDM (internet download manager) along
with FTP/SFTP are spot on in speeds getting roughly 65-75Mbps with no multi-thread
which is what i expect given the location from Amsterdam in Netherlands for my
dedicated seedbox

However if i run filezilla along side FlashFXP i can greatly increase to speeds to
roughly 140Mbps + steady 50-65Mbps via Syncthing directly to my NAS plugged into my 8 port gigaport switch

(Speed Tests)
Normal Connection:
Launtel-no-vpn.png
Launtel-no-vpn.png (56.67 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
IKEv2 Connection:
SurfShark-Sydney-IKEv2.png
SurfShark-Sydney-IKEv2.png (56 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
Wireguard Connection:
SurfShark-Sydney-Wireguard.png
SurfShark-Sydney-Wireguard.png (61.62 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
UDP Connection:
SurfShark-Sydney-UDP.png
SurfShark-Sydney-UDP.png (58.08 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
TCP Connection:
SurfShark-Sydney-TCP.png
SurfShark-Sydney-TCP.png (57.66 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
(Vat Tax i really dislike)
Australian IP:
SurfShark-Vat-tax-on-aussie-ip.png
SurfShark-Vat-tax-on-aussie-ip.png (30.81 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
UK IP:
SurfShark-vat-tax-on-uk-ips-.png
SurfShark-vat-tax-on-uk-ips-.png (24.93 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
(No Vat Tax Below)
American IP:
SurfShark-no-vat-tax-on-american-ips.png
SurfShark-no-vat-tax-on-american-ips.png (30.66 KiB) Viewed 6857 times
Canada IP:
SurfShark-no-vat-tax-on-canada-ips.png
SurfShark-no-vat-tax-on-canada-ips.png (30.18 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
New Zealand IP:
SurfShark-no-vat-tax-on-newzealand-ips.png
SurfShark-no-vat-tax-on-newzealand-ips.png (29.08 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
Pros:
Decent for Gaming no matter what game i'm playing online (had some issues playing Anthem while connected so i couldn't use it)
Extremely Stable least on PC
Good Speeds with only two Protocol, IKEv2 and wireguard (Still i lose more than 10% of my speed)
Nice UI (user interface) extremely easy to customize

Cons:
UDP/TCP is awful when downloading using IDM and FTP/SFTP speeds just stalls and reminds me of
the old adsl2+ days
A tad expensive for the price per month
Vat Tax system not fair some countries have to pay and some do not (i didn't bother checking every IP and Country, that would take too long)
If you use an American IP/Canadan IP/New Zealand IP and you don't get charged vat tax (i wonder why)
Yet if you use an Australian IP you get vat taxed (not fair at all if you think about it)
Download is slow given my fibre connection for NBN at 400Mbps Down/50Mbps Up (Upload is about spot on)
On Google Android it seems to disconnect a sometimes and disappears from the background meaning i have to launch it again (must be a little bug who knows)

Is it worth it? Sure it's worth if you don't mind paying a higher price for quality + vat tax
The whole vat tax is a real deal breaker which i didn't know if you use ip's from other locations you can avoid the tax

Will i keep extend my Surf Shark Account? answer is: No
While i will let my account expire in 2 days i will go try a different VPN Provider and keep writing my reviews on them based on my own personal experience and post them here for everyone to read and see

Will i be willing to give Surf Shark a try again? Of course because i believe the quality is good. now if they could get rid of the vat tax thing for Australian IP'S that would be a great start
word count: 578
Everyone should have FTTP for free!

Tags:

Return to “Peer to Peer”